2 days. Master series. This course will help you to become familiar with, and come into compliance with, the Federal Government’s ADA Section 508 accessibility regulations.
The course will cover Adobe InDesign CC 2020 and Adobe Acrobat DC and other application’s (Microsoft Word) features that are designed to help you meet those requirements. Students will study InDesign and are expected to be somewhat familiar with Acrobat already, as no time is allotted to review any basics of the application. Topics will include:
- What is accessibility in publications?
- What are the Section 508 requirements?
- Evaluating existing PDF publications, forms, and archived documents
- Workflow adjustments to comply with accessibility standards
- Authoring documents for accessibility
- Applying the best design practices to yield accessibility
- Preparing bookmarks, hyperlinks, interactive form fields, and flexible text reflow
- Adding alternate text to images and charts
- Working with tables, anchored objects, and captions
- Preserving accessibility features when exporting to PDF
- Using the Accessibility Checker and the Tags panel in Acrobat
Suggested Follow Ups:
- Adobe InDesign CC 2020
- Adobe Creative Cloud Bootcamp
- Adobe InDesign for Long Documents series
- Adobe InCopy CC 2020 for Workgroups
- Adobe Photoshop CC 2020
- Color Management for Digital Publishing
Reserve today! Click for our Onsite Custom Training Request form.